Sunday, April 7, 2013

Heavenly Dress Code

2/52....hehe, it's only April, I can post 50 more this year, right??

So, just one more thing we are technically behind on is the 100 verses in a year challenge. However, I'm working with the little Princess memorizing them so I'm super pleased with how far we are! She has mastered 7 verses and we are still going. We have done some key verses including the Romans Road verses and a few others. She enjoys "doing bible verses" when we work on them (usually!!) and really has learned so much in the past 3 months! I'm really trying to explain them in terms she understands, rather then just memorizing the words. So, all that to lead up to this cute and sooo her conversation we had last week.

We were talking about heaven and she said you get to heaven when you ask Jesus into your heart and ask Him to take you to heaven. Then....
Princess: I don't want to go. I will miss all my toys.
Queen: Why will you miss them?
Princess: We don't take our things to heaven. (how does she know that??)
Queen: that's ok, we will have so much fun on heaven, we won't miss our toys, things, or anything we have here.
Princess: (starting to go drama-city and tearing up) Will I have a dress to wear?
Queen: of course! Jesus will make sure we have everything we need and the bible says we will get a new outfit to wear in heaven (don't ask me to quote the verse).
Princess: oh yay!! Ok I do want to go to heaven.

Then she proceeds to pray asking Jesus if mommy, daddy, her, and William can go to heaven TOGETHER at the SAME time. Haha. Such a goofball. I love it!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I always fall back on the "no tears in heaven" verse so they won't be sad so will have all they need ;) glad she is ok with going now and good job on the verses!!

    ReplyDelete